Friday, December 25, 2009

4/10/2004

I can still remember having sleepless nights after getting my VERY FIRST attorder for a wedding cake a week after I opened the shop. I have to prove to my customers walau ini kedai kampung tapi kek I global. I realize later that my customers expect so much from me. So I continue attending courses, visit cake shops, browse through cookbooks and LEARN FAST! Now I have sleepless nights when customers challenged me to make new design cakes (novelty cakes). done Minangkabau House, camera shape, feeding bottle, sports car etc. Pening tapi syok and kelakar. Pening 'cos I can't find the pattern in books to copy. Syok because sometimes it turns out okay. Kelakar because sometimes I imagine something else but as I go along it turns out different.
But I treasure my little customers most. I always make sure these little 'prince' and 'princesses' have a birthday to remember when their moms ordered their cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment